Re: Reexamining premises (was Re: UN plans to take over our job!)

2005-09-30 14:57:40
Michael Mealling writes:

The system that faced the users would be inherently trademark friendly
and wouln't be hierarchical.

There are lots of users of the Internet besides trademark holders.  I
don't see why this latter group deserves special consideration.

The output of such a system wouldn't be an IP address but instead a
complex record that described a compound object called a 'service'.

I always get nervous when I hear talk like this.  I can picture the
5000-page committee-designed specification already.