RE: Anyone not in favor of a PR-Action against Jefsey Morfin

2005-10-06 15:46:12
David,

        Let's put this all in perspective.  Every time I want to do
something in the IETF, someone tells me I have to join at least
one more mailing list.  So I currently get more than a hundred
messages every day (usually quite a bit more than a hundred).
That doesn't even include the ones I have to look at because I'm
the list administrator for one of those lists.

        Excluding the ones for the MPLS mailing list, I have to get
rid of about 80-90% of the mail I get because it is frankly obscene
or obviously fraudulent.  Of the remaining 10-20%, I might have to
ignore 2 or 3 messages on any average day because - while supposedly
legitimate - those messages have no useful content.  Of course, that
is under normal circumstances when everyone is not on a rant about
everyone else.  It's not really comforting to know that other people
have the same problem or worse, but they do.

        Hence, for me at least, extending your analogy to fit - the
two students are both trying to sleep and listen to music with an
artillery barrage continuously pounding away at the vacant lot next
door.  Why don't we do something about the real problem and stop
thinking of nasty things to do to our colleagues just because we
know exactly who the offender is in those cases?

--
Eric