Re: Film at 11 (Re: Anyone not in favor)

2005-10-06 00:45:25
On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 09:32:21AM +0200,
 Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote
 a message of 31 lines which said:

The IETF was here before ICANN. My bet is that it will be there
afterwards.

I don't bet but my hope is that you are right.

But - today's Level3 spat may be more of a danger to the Internet at
the moment than WSIS is; unlike WSIS resolutions, changes in peering
policy affect real people in real time.

Do note that interconnection, peering, etc, is explicitely on the WSIS
agenda (and rightly so, for the reason you give). It does not mean it
will change anything, simply that we'll talk about it.