Re: Anyone not in favor of a PR-Action against Jefsey Morfin

2005-10-06 07:59:11
I, frankly, feel that this is a waste of our time. All voices, regardless of
what we may feel towards any given person, has a right to voice a concern.
Ideas don't just come from someone voicing an opinion or insight that everyone
agrees with, but also from the thought process initiated by our disagreeing
with someone of a different viewpoint.

I say let Jersey stay. Half the time I ignore him, but some of his responses
allow me to consider different viewpoints.

Peter Dambier <peter(_at_)peter-dambier(_dot_)de> wrote:
Randy.Dunlap wrote:

Just for clarification, can you tell me who qualifies as
"Any IETF member...." ?

Anyboy who has enough brains to share.

Right now ICANN and IETF have to face their end comming in 2006 because
the contract does end.

There has been nothing that would suggest the contract will be lengthend.

Vint Cerf has gone.
Paul Vixie has gone.

It does not make sense to shy away everybody who still has got his own
working brain - especially if he is a critic.

WSIS/WGIG have produced a mess that cannot replace ICANN or IETF.
So somebody has to do it.

Who?
Why?

Did you notice right now the Public-Root is comming down? They will
not do this work!

Who else?
Turkey?
China?
Bin Laden?

Dont talk about Problems!
Dont vote for critics!
Leave the ship before it is sinking!

That is not my choice!

After signing, here is another P-R action you might want to see:

http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/

Peter and Karin Dambier

--
Peter and Karin Dambier