RE: On PR-actions, signatures and debate

2005-10-07 13:35:02
Eric Gray writes...

      To one person, the mere fact that another person disgrees
with them is conclusive proof that they don't understand.  To
another person, the mere statement that they don't understand
clearly implies some impairment.

      It's possible that both of these people might be taking
things a lot more personally than either of them should.

I agree.  I think the threshold for personal abuse ought not to include
clarifications (e.g. "I think you misunderstand my point.") but rather
more explicit assessment of impairments (e.g. "You are totally
clueless.").