Re: On PR-actions, signatures and debate

2005-10-08 01:47:45
Doug Ewell writes:

Does it make a difference, when someone is speaking to you in
person, whether they talk in a normal speaking voice or shout into
your ear with a bullhorn?

Not if I have access to ear protection (the equivalent of a delete
key, in this scenario).

Does it matter if they call you by insulting names, or question your
integrity or motives, because your opinion differs from theirs?

No.

If these things don't matter to you, in speech or on mailing lists,
then I have to hand it to you: you are indeed a more tolerant person
than I am.

Thank you.

Anthony, if you wish to go on thinking that my objection to Jefsey's
behavior is merely a smokescreen for disagreeing with his opinions,
you are entitled to do so and there is nothing I can do to change
your mind.

Okay.

I do disagree with Jefsey's opinions ...

Ah.  A coincidence, I'm sure.