RE: On PR-actions, signatures and debate

2005-10-06 23:49:58

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Nick Staff wrote:

What I'm saying is, if this were Lord of The Flies some of you would be the
one who kills Piggy.

nick

Nick,

I always felt really sorry for Piggy and I thought it was wrong for them
to kill him. He was smarter than any of the others and he spoke the truth
against a frenzy inspired by fear. But he wasn't "voted off the island" in
a popularity contest, one could argue that he died by accident in a heated
exchange.

I don't quite see the current situation as analogous, but I am more than
happy to go with the majority opinion. If the group feels that no action
should be taken, then fine. We have at least tested our mechanism,
assuming we can agree that we actually have one...

Ole