Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

2005-10-17 22:49:41
John,

I've talked to quite a few folks that have been unable to attend meetings in the US because of visa issues.

Is it your or other people's position that we should no longer have meetings in the U.S.? If not, what's the practical benefit of the guidance? If so, we should go back to the chair's poll on just how many participants we would lose.

Is it your or other people's belief that this document will cause venues to be booked more in advance? If so, on what do you base this belief?

My point: I think we've got requirements on the brain, engineers that we are.

Eliot