Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

2005-10-18 06:06:36

I find this  whole discussion to be  nothing but an attempt by  some to push
their personal political views and  preferences down the throats of everyone
else.

I don't think there should be any political preconditions on the IETF venue.
If we  are going  to start requiring  that the  host country be  governed in
accordance to  our own political views,  I have quite a  few preconditions I
could offer, but they're quite different from the ones Avri offered.

Further, if we're going to select  host countries based on how convenient or
inconvenient it is to enter  that country, the preference should be weighted
by  the  number of  attendees  (or  even better,  by  the  number of  active
contributors), so that we don't eliminate venues which are convenient to the
many but inconvenient to the few.