RE: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-07 18:12:35

Behalf Of Frank Ellermann
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 2:14 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary
formats at ietf.org

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

IETF documents are dreadful to print out

type rfc1234.txt > prn  is pretty simple, they come complete
with formfeeds.  Admittedly the number of RfCs or I-Ds I ever
printed is zero.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>rfc1234 > prn
'rfc1234' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Don't send them to your "xyz" printer driver, they are
already formatted, send them directly to /dev/lpt1 or similar.  Or use
a "dumb" driver.   Or better don't waste paper to print RfCs,
they are available online whereever you are... -)

My printers at CERN were usually loaded with A4 paper, US 'letter' is
not readily available there.