Re: RFCs should be distributed in XML (Was: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-21 08:40:41
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 11:43, Ted Faber wrote:
request that the RFC editor will accept xml2rfc as an input format.

I thought they did take it as a supplement or something, which I hope
indicates that they are considering moving to it.

They do.

These days, when a draft moves into the RFC editor queue, the RFC editor
sends a request to the author to send in the xml2rfc input files if they
exist.

Keeping the .xml in some sort of revision control repository during the
internet-draft stages seems like an obvious next step.

                                        - Bill