Re: email "Common Operating Group"

2005-11-14 17:26:33
"Dave" == Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:

    Dave> 1. Having the term refer to either origination or reception
    Dave> means we need multiple terms.  I am seeking a single term.

Speaking as an individual, I believe that having two terms is
preferable to one, and I like the terms Keith suggested.

I believe the benefits of having the terms for future documents and in
common use significantly outweighs any perceived simplicity in this
document.  However see below: my preference is based on my answer to
#2.

    Dave> 2. Having the termr efer to either origination or reception
    Dave> ignores transit operations.  The term needs to cover those
    Dave> activities, too.

I think Bill makes a convincing argument that this is not the case.