Re: email "Common Operating Group"

2005-11-14 15:34:00
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Keith Moore wrote:

I haven't seen a need to include transit operations in either case, and
to me it seems like that would make it muddier.  The whole assumption
behind discouraging third-party relaying is that a mail network should
only process messages that were either originated from within that
network, or intended for a recipient within that network.  This
implies that "transit" operations - which I take to mean a relay by an
MTA that has no relationship with either the originator or the
recipient - are discouraged.

I think by "transit operations" Dave means things like alias-forwarding
and mailing list explosion.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR