Re: email "Common Operating Group"

2005-11-16 09:12:19
"Dave" == Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net> writes:

    >> I think by "transit operations" Dave means things like
    >> alias-forwarding and mailing list explosion.

    Dave> Yea, as well as such scenarios as an organization that has
    Dave> MUAs, and an MSA, and posts all its mail through an ISP's
    Dave> MTA.  The originating organization and the transit ISP are
    Dave> separate COGs.

Dave I see a number of people here saying that they like Keith/Bill's
model better.  Can you help us examine things at a technical level by
explaining how treating both the organization's MUAs, MSAs and the
ISP's MTAs as part of the same MON would produce undesirable or
insufficient requirements?  How would treating them as separate COGs
produce more desirable behavior?

--Sam