Re: Audio streaming and slides suggestion

2005-11-15 10:08:55
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:50:47 +0200
 John <john(_dot_)loughney(_at_)kolumbus(_dot_)fi> wrote:
Good idea, if the network works ...
----- Original message -----
From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org  <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Fri 11 Nov 2005 07:08:26 PM EET
Subject: Audio streaming and slides suggestion
Hi,

I've heard from the people that is outside that the streaming is very
useful, but it will be even more if they can also have access to the slides.

I understand that is difficult to get the slides of everyone before the
meeting itself, but it should be very easy to centralize the slides in an
IETF server and ask the co-chairs to upload them right at the beginning of
each session.

To avoid extra overload from the co-chairs during the session, and if we
want to make it more strict, if any of the presenters is not done with
his/her slides, he will not be able to talk.

No, he or she will not be able to use slides. There is frequently no real
reason  to talk with slides
(especially if it's an update of the form "...There is a Discuss on
Draft-WG-XYZ, but it
concerns a normative reference, and we can change the reference or wait ...").

Of course, I have suggested before on this list that the IETF consider using
some sort
of on-line whiteboard technology, which would allow for real time viewgraph
production and
annotating, which also has  its uses.

Regards,
Jordi

Regards
Marshall

************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above.
If you are not the
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of the contents of
this information, including attached files, is prohibited.