Re: Complaints Against The IESG and The RFC-Editor About Publication of RFC-2188 (ESRO)

2006-03-19 20:22:38
At 02:44 20/03/2006, Keith Moore wrote:

It's not at all clear to me that we can afford the resources to give the privilege of appeal to mere individuals.
Excuse me? What do you think IETF is or do you really prefer to see it officially turn into IVTF?

IETF is, or should be, an engineering organization. Not a vanity press. IETF exists to benefit the entire Internet community, rather than authors wanting recognition or vendors wanting endorsement for their products.

Sorry. This was before RFC 3935. The IETF exists to "infuence people on the way to design use and manage" the Internet. And this is worth gold.

It's more important for IETF to produce good engineering than it is for anyone to be able to exhaust IETF's resources trying to get his or her way.

Agreed. The problem is the IANA. A key registry is worth gold too. Good engineering or not, some interests want to go through.
jfc