Re: Complaints Against The IESG and The RFC-Editor About Publication of RFC-2188 (ESRO)

2006-03-20 03:57:56
On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:46:30AM -0800,
 Mohsen BANAN
<lists-ietf(_at_)mohsen(_dot_)banan(_dot_)1(_dot_)byname(_dot_)net> wrote
 a message of 73 lines which said:

In general, I consider the garbage that IESG puts in non-IETF RFCs
as a badge of honor for the author.

For example, the negative IESG note in the original HTTP specs and
the success of HTTP demonstrated IESG's attitude and its eventual
relevance.

It is true that the IESG Notes in RFC 1945 and RFC 1630 are quite
embarassing for the IETF today but you are not Tim Berners-Lee. For
one genius who had trouble being recognized at the beginning, there
are thousands of monkeys-with-keyboards who are rightly ignored.

Your reasoning is the same fallacy as saying "Galileo was persecuted
and he was right, I am persecuted so I am right".