Re: IETF(_at_)20 Guerilla Party Events for Wednesday

2006-03-22 09:24:21
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Susan Estrada wrote:

[snip]
**Tuesday's Trivia**

1. One IETF attendee appeared on more than a
dozen IETF name badges at the Stanford IETF -- name him or her.
Milo Medin.  I have no idea why.

This was a small revolt against pressure to wear a name badge during
the IETF meeting.  I don't recall who picked Milo's name to be the one
that was replicated, but I can say that it is a shame we don't have
Milo partcipating in IETF any more.

[snip]
4. The first IETF t-shirt was designed and printed at what IETF meeting?
Hawaii -- Nerds in Paradise.  It was pink and
everything and I vaguely remember flamingos.  Wish I had one.

Claudio Topolcic organized the T-shirt printing on the fly during the
meeting.  His wife drew the artwork.

I was hoping to see someone wearing one at the social.  Maybe the
shirts have become too small over the years. :-)

[snip]
**Die-Hard Attendees >50 Meetings**

I've been attending since IETF 11, but when I counted out the missed
ones, my total was only 48, so I missed the bar.

On a related note, last night Brian Carpenter mentioned my name as one
of two people who had been working group chairs for 15 years.
Actually my service was only 11 years as AVT chair because I stepped
down in 2003.

                                                        -- Steve