Re: the iab & net neutrality

2006-03-25 10:02:35
Geoff, things were indeed different then, as long distance
bandwidth costs were a serious concern. That has changed. I think
the fact that content providers who are paid for that content
don't (in effect) pay for the congestion that they cause hasn't
changed. But mainly I was interested to see PHB making arguments
quite close to the ones I made ten years ago.

   Brian

Geoff Huston wrote:
To quote from the Carpenter draft:...

"One approach to resolving the current crisis in Internet
 performance is to institute an efficient system of
 inter-carrier settlements."

Progress is often hard when you are heading in off in the weeds.

Try http://www.potaroo.net/ispcol/2005-01/interconn.html as an alternative view of the ISP settlement world.

regards,

    Geoff