Re: Making IETF happening in different regions

2006-03-29 09:57:50
Hi Julien,

Well, that's not the case in Spain. If instead of Madrid I'm in small city
like Valencia, Murcia, Bilbao, etc., typically the cost different will be
only 10-15 Euros more. The companies make the money from the big hop, and if
necessary subsidize part of the small one to sell more seats.

At the end in any case is not so easy, because it will depend on agreements
among airlines, from and to, etc. For example, Minneapolis is more expensive
for me, because I need to fly to Amsterdam to get a cheaper fare. Instead
Latinamerican cities or a couple of US locations, can be below 400 Euros and
even a single hop from Madrid.

Definitively, from Europe, for me seems the most expensive Australia, then
Asia Pacific/Africa, but may be is only the case of if the "from" is Spain,
because typically I will need to fly first to Amsterdam, London, Paris or
Frankfurt.

Regards,
Jordi