Re: Making IETF happening in different regions

2006-03-23 22:11:14
Not really. If you look to the recent sponsors, the current one and the next
one, they are all European companies, hosting IETF in North America.

Actually it can be presented in the other way around, as they host here, 50%
of the attendees are getting indirectly subsidized by those sponsors
decision to host here because their travel expenses are lower. So the cost
for the participants from the rest of the world is higher.

When these participants from the rest of the world want to host in their own
regions, they have a higher sponsoring cost.

On the other way around, most of the sponsors are typically big companies,
which despite being from AP, EU or NA, basically try to make it cheaper to
keep their cost down.

Regards,
Jordi

De: Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com>
Responder a: <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Fecha: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:34:21 -0500
Para: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>,
<jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
CC: "ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: Making IETF happening in different regions

What I think Jordi is saying is that he wants the US sponsors to
subsidize the cost of the overseas meetings.  At least that's what it
works out to be....