Re: Moving from "hosts" to "sponsors"

2006-03-28 07:49:08
bmanning(_at_)vacation(_dot_)karoshi(_dot_)com wrote:
        ah yes, the IETF as a FormulaOne race car.
        I'll approach CocaCola & Visa for branding rights
        if that would help (esp for those folks denied a 770)

ah yes, the ad absurdem form of argumentation.

The reality in having a host is that we already experience quite a bit of marketing from that host.

My suggestion was cast in terms of permitting that level to continue, not in permiting every attendee eye-blink to experience a new injection of promotional material.

d/
--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking