FW: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting Calendar

2006-05-17 05:07:51
Hi Ray,

I think it is very unfair, especially after previous comments done on this
topic some weeks ago, to keep ignoring in our calendar the already fixed
events of AfriNIC/AfNOG, APNIC and LACNIC.

I'm not saying they are not actually being considered, but they aren't
listed in the calendar (http://www.ietf.org/meetings/events.cal.html), while
others from other regions are all listed. In my opinion, either we do that
calendar correctly and fair to all (just need to google !), or we don't do
it at all and rely in others which seem more fair to all the regions.

Regards,
Jordi

De: Ray Pelletier <rpelletier(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org>
Responder a: <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Fecha: Wed, 17 May 2006 06:58:36 -0400
Para: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, <iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
<iab(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, <wgchairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting Calendar

All;

This is a 1 week Last Call for feedback on Version 01 proposed 2008 -
1010 IETF Meeting dates.  The IAOC anticipates taking action to formally
adopt dates on 25 May 2006.  These dates differ from the originally
proposed dates based upon community feedback, a review of meeting dates
of those organizations on the Clash List and maintenance of a reasonably
similar period between meetings.  While every effort was made to avoid
conflicts where known, it was not always possible with those
organizations in the "should avoid" category.  Your feedback to
iad(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on conflicts with these dates would be appreciated.

Proposed 2008 - 2010 meeting dates:

2008

IETF 71  Mar 30 - Apr 4

IETF 72  Jul 27 - Aug 1

IETF 73  Dec 7 - 12

2009

IETF 74  Mar 22 - 27

IETF 75  Aug 2 - 7

IETF 76  Dec 6 - 11

2010

IETF 77  Mar 28 - Apr 2

IETF 78  Jul 25 - 30

IETF 79  Dec 5 - 10

Our findings of the schedule of other organization's meetings can be
found at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/events.cal.html .

Thanks for your assistance.

Ray Pelletier
IAD

------ Fin del mensaje reenviado

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Slides available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.