Re: [Techspec] RFC Author Count and IPR

2006-05-24 13:57:40
On Wed, 24 May 2006, Bob Braden wrote:

 *> Bob -
 *>
 *> I think the 5 author rule applies to the listing in the ID/RFC header
 *> and not to the authors listed under "Author Information" - is that
 *> correct?
 *>
 *> - lel
 *>

Lucy,

I neglected to answer your question directly.  The authors are, by
definition, the people listed on the first page.

There is no such section as "Author Information"; probably you mean
"Authors' Addresses".  The rules are spelled out in RFC2223bis, section
2.12.  At present Authors' Addreses section lists only authors, i.e.,
those listed on the first page.  The rules say that a Contributors
section can list additional contact information.

Bob -

Following Jari's link to the document (ID) with 20 authors I found:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-00.txt

which lists 3 editors on the front page and includes a section (17)
titled "Author Information" which includes 20 addresses.

The RFC with 28 authors is "Criteria for Evaluating AAA Protocols for Network Access" and all 28 and included on the front page.

I'm just looking at current practice and trying to understand how
address listings relate to authorship and IPR.

Not arguing with you, just confused.

- lel

Bob Braden

 *> > Bob Braden for the RFC Editor
 *> >
 *> >
 *> >
 *> > _______________________________________________
 *> > Ietf mailing list
 *> > Ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
 *> > https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
 *> >
 *>
 *> --
 *> Lucy E. Lynch                            Academic User Services
 *> Computing Center                 University of Oregon
 *> llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu            (541) 346-1774
 *>