Re: [Techspec] RFC Author Count and IPR

2006-05-25 09:23:03
On Thu, 25 May 2006, bmanning(_at_)vacation(_dot_)karoshi(_dot_)com wrote:

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 06:42:06AM -0700, Lucy E. Lynch wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2006, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

Lucy E. Lynch wrote:
Let me try re-stating my question. Is there a one-to-one relationship
between the listed authors on an IETF document and ownership of the
given document's Intellectual Property?
I can answer that one...

No.

Thank you!

Lucy E. Lynch                           Academic User Services

        not knowing Harolds legal background or current standing w/
        the ABA, (or EU equivalent) I think that Bob's recommendation
        on getting actual legal advice on your question puts you and
        the organziation represented (IETF) on much better grounding
        than a simple; "I can answer that... no" on an email list.

        just my (uninformed) opinion.

Bill -

Understood, as I say, I'm just trying to get a handle the range of community opinion(s) and the scope of the problem. This issue
cuts across TechSpec, the IPR WG, the RFC-Editor's office, and
the IETF Trust (as well as individual authors etc.). Everyone sees this slightly differently. Before we ask for advise, I'd like to understand the problem set.

--bill

--
Lucy E. Lynch                           Academic User Services
Computing Center                        University of Oregon