Re: Comments on draft-iab-rfc-editor: IETF control

2006-05-30 08:37:20
Sam,

However there needs to be a way for a member of this
community--whatever it is--to make a proposal, to get enough support,
and to have that proposal be adopted.

I.E. it is fine if the IAB of whomever can do a lot of things on their
own.  However the community needs the ability to either guide the IAB
or override the IAB if there is disagreement.

I disagree.  Just as I expect you to use your judgment on the IESG I
expect the IAB to use their judgment.  Community oversight comes in the
form of the NOMCOM.  If you believe that oversight is not effective,
then let's discuss that instead.

Eliot