Re: Acknowledgements section in a RFC (Was: Last Call: 'Matching of Language Tags' to BCP (draft-ietf-ltru-matching)

2006-06-07 09:54:32
  *>
  *> > the acknowledgements section was intended for folks who wrote
  *> > pieces, or folks who suggested useful ideas, or provided significant
  *> > useful corrections, etc.  The contributors section was introduced in
  *> > conjunction with the effort to reduce the set of authors to those
  *> > who wrote the primary text.  So Contributors is usually used for
  *> > those who wrote sections of text, but not enough to be authors.
  *>
  *> These rules are perfectly reasonable (even if they would cost me my
  *> acknowledgment in draft-ietf-ltru-matching) but:
  *>
  *> 1) They do not seem to be written somewhere. I cannot find them in the
  *> RFCs talking about RFCs (meta-RFCs? IPODs?).

The text in Section 2.12 of RFC223bis is intended to state these
guidelines. See:

    ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-editor/instructions2authors.txt

The RFC Editor would be happy to receive suggestions for augmentation
or modification of the text in this section.

Bob Braden for the RFC Editor