Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Formatin AdditiontoASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

2006-06-16 16:07:13

Carl Malamud wrote:
This is not a job for a committee-of-the-whole ... I'd be
perfectly happy to let the IAB or IESG pick a religion and let
a working group define the rules of procedure.  And, again,
piggybacking on the w3c religion seems like a really easy
way out of this never-ending debate.

As a point of information, although w3c do do a fine job, they
do change their Pubrules [1] now and then too, so that roughly
every time you get to the equivalent of the rfc-editor, some
subtle rule has changed and you have to figure stuff out. Not
a show-stopper, but w3c's approach isn't hassle free and
mightn't travel that well in some respects.

Having said that, I'd be for us experimenting with a parallel
ascii/w3c-html approach and we even have an excellent precedent
with xmldsig [2,3].

Stephen.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Guide/pubrules
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3275.txt