RE: Image attachments to ASCII RFCs (was: Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats))

2006-06-17 15:55:41

From: Marshall Eubanks [mailto:tme(_at_)multicasttech(_dot_)com]

Nine track was effectively obsolete a decade ago.

I disagree. In my past employment, whenever we would have
press attention, the TV guys would want pictures of spinning
tape drives to show how scientifically and technically
advanced we were. The last time this happened, we had to hunt
around to find someone who could get an old 9 track running
for the photo-op.

I see no adequate replacement for this from new technology.

Try a bank of flashing LEDS.

If you really want to look high tech make a Jacob's ladder. All you need is two
pieces of wire, a high tension supply and an insulating backboard.