RE: Image attachments to ASCII RFCs (was: Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats))

2006-06-16 14:51:08
    > From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>

    > Why go to all that trouble to create infrastructure to support an
    > obsolete document format when we can get all the infrastructure
    > required to support a modern, open format

Because those of us who've been around for a while have been repeatedly
screwed when something that was, at one time, the latest and greatest
"modern, open format" turns out, N years later, to no longer be supported.

        Noel