RE: Image attachments to ASCII RFCs (was: Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats))

2006-06-17 23:52:22

On Friday, June 16, 2006 02:31:51 PM -0700 "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum [mailto:iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com]

When I was 16 years old, I wrote a text editor in BASIC that
would probably have allowed me to edit RFCs.

I wrote a text editor in Basic for the ZxSpectrum that was published
commercially when I was 15.

I guess I could use it to edit RFCs as well if I could find a ZxSpectrum
that still worked to read the program off the cassette tape.

My computing needs have grown somewhat since then.

... and, you've completely missed the point.

Currently, RFC's are published and distributed in a form which is so straightforward that a child could write software to view or produce it.

Show me a PDF viewer written by a 16-year-old in BASIC, or whatever it is that bored kids write software in these days.

-- Jeff