Comments on draft-carpenter-newtrk-questions-00.txt

2006-07-12 16:18:51
As Ted said during tonight's plenary, the draft and the plenary discussion seem to be proposing either making (presumably significant) changes in the standards process, or doing nothing, when there may be other possibilities. Ted mentioned that there were other things that could be done to improve the linkage between our specifications and running code. It seems to me that if efforts in that area succeed, we'd make it much easier to advance specifications, since we'd have more implementations.

I'd also like to note that our specifications are not atomic; advancing from PS to DS means showing at least two interworking implementations of every feature and option.
--
Randall Gellens