Re: Comments on draft-carpenter-newtrk-questions-00.txt

2006-07-12 16:32:29

On Jul 12, 2006, at 7:18 PM, Randall Gellens wrote:

I'd also like to note that our specifications are not atomic; advancing from PS to DS means showing at least two interworking implementations of every feature and option.

Yes. The questions, at least in my mind, are:

(1) what does it take to demonstrate DS qualifications, and
(2) what is the additional value of Full Standard?

I would like to believe that a well documented interoperability test constitutes DS qualification; the current DS qualification sets the bar somewhat higher than that, and I note that few documents actually achieve that, even though we can daily see implementations interoperating in the field at PS.

I'm not sure that Full Standard means a lot besides "obsolete". Personal opinion.