Re: Comments on draft-carpenter-newtrk-questions-00.txt

2006-07-13 11:30:26
Joel,
there is one useful aspect of our DS contortions.  When we do the
work, we actually figure out which features turn out not to be used,
and get them out of the spec.
OSPF had ToS routing in its PS specification.  It turned out that
there was only one implementation.
So when the protocol was ready to advance, that feature was removed.
Knowing that the feature was not being used proved very helpful to us
later.

I agree, but I wonder if there is another way to accomplish the same
goal without quite the level of formalism.

Eliot