Re: Meetings in other regions

2006-07-17 08:18:37
On Mon Jul 17 16:10:49 2006, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 17-jul-2006, at 16:56, Melinda Shore wrote:
Although I did jabber scribing for a couple of sessions the past week
I don't see all that much value in doing that: the audio feeds are
much more useful for following what's going on.

As the number of meeting groups grow and the meetings become more
densely packed, the jabber transcripts are useful for following
what's going on in a meeting you're not in, as well as providing
feedback.

Yes, I've heard that before.

Also, you can't always get the audio, and if often cuts, and is generally quite noisy, and people tend to forget to come to microphones in the heat of the moment.

But anyway, if we're going to continue to allow the meetings
to grow in significance (as a matter of process) it seems to me
that the remote participation tools become more important, not
less important.

Did I say it should become less important? I don't see how the meetings are growing in significance, though.

I think Melinda's intention was to suggest that they ought to be.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)jabber(_dot_)org