Re: Meetings in other regions

2006-07-17 10:46:21
On 7/17/06 10:51 AM, "Iljitsch van Beijnum" <iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Why do you need a jabber _scribe_ for input?

The primary value of a jabber scribe is that someone knows that *they* should type into the chat room. Absent that, yes, anyone *could* type, but who reliably *would*?

Having been here a few times, collisions are ugly (when you are typing, more slowly than usual, and someone tries to help, and the result looks like two different conversations, because one of you got the name wrong or missed some key point)... I'm guessing that not appointing a jabber scribe would give more collisions.

But this is still fairly new territory for me.

Thanks,

Spencer