Re: Meetings in other regions

2006-07-18 00:18:19

On Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:03:34 AM +0100 Tim Chown <tjc(_at_)ecs(_dot_)soton(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 11:38:15AM -0400, Stephen Campbell wrote:

Or skip the car. Fly into LAX, take one of several shuttles to Los
Angeles Union Station, and take Amtrak's "Surfliner" to San Diego.
These trains run every 1 to 2 hours and get to San Diego in less than
3 hours. And it's hassle-free.

Not so good after 9+ hours on a plane though, is it?   Nor is driving.

Actually, it's pretty nice. The seats are nicely spaced, there's plentiful power, beverages, and you can get up and walk around.

Of course, my opinions on this matter might be a bit biased. For example, I see no reason to fly to LAX and take a shuttle to Los Angeles Union Station when it takes a mere two days to get there by rail from Chicago Union Station. :-)

-- Jeff