Re: Meetings in other regions

2006-07-17 19:34:43
I do think there is considerable merit in identifying a set of venues
that are known to do a good job and using them whenever a meeting is
scheduled for their part of the world.  Minneapolis is roughly in the
middle of the populated part of North America, the hotel knows us,
why not go back there?

it seems boring that everytime we go to the same venue.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you don't find IETF meetings to be exciting enough on their own merits, it's OK if you don't go.

It is also unfair to those who traveled from other regions such as europe and asia.

I said "whenever a meeting is scheduled for their part of the world." When it's time for a meeting in North America, hold it in Minneapolis. If we find similarly reliable venues in Europe or Asia, use them when the meetings are in those parts of the world.

R's,
John