Re: Meetings in other regions

2006-07-17 19:19:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: Meetings in other regions

If it is that bad front of the house I don't trust their maintenance
crews.

No problem, they locked out the mechanics union and hired replacements
quite a while ago.  While I think there is some chance that you would
show up for a Northwest flight and find that the airline had suddenly
gone out of business, I'm not worried about planes falling out of the
air.

I do think there is considerable merit in identifying a set of venues
that are known to do a good job and using them whenever a meeting is
scheduled for their part of the world.  Minneapolis is roughly in the
middle of the populated part of North America, the hotel knows us,
why not go back there?

it seems boring that everytime we go to the same venue. It is also unfair to
those who traveled from other regions such as europe and asia.

Jiankang Yao

R's,
John

Direct flight is not a must for me.

There are plenty of connections via Chicago, Toronto, and New York
that don't use Northwest.  If you're coming from the west you have
fewer options but there are some reasonable connections via Denver and
Phoenix.