Re: RFC Editor Function SOW Review

2006-07-18 02:18:35
Pete,

Pete Resnick wrote:
On 7/10/06 at 8:34 AM -0400, IETF Administrative Director wrote:

we seek comments on the Statement of Work located at:
http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/

- The SOW has nothing about performance expectations (i.e., what is noted in section 4 of draft-mankin-pub-req-10). Though I don't think the SOW should have hard requirements in this regard (draft-mankin-pub-req-10 doesn't), I do think we need to give some estimate of how many documents they're going to see and their expected throughput. A bid is going to have to be based on how fast they think they need to do the editing.

Indeed, and that has to be part of the SLA component of final contract.
But the numbers in the final SLA may also be part of a price negotiation.
I agree we need to put SLA numbers in the RFP, for comparison purposes.

- The SOW mentions the Editorial Board for Independent submissions, but doesn't say where it comes from. I take it from the slides at the Thursday plenary that this is still in flux, but at least there should be a note indicating that this is going to be filled in later.

Correct.

   Brian

I've already written privately about some nits. Here are couple more:

- Strike A-1-g-3. It's redundant with A-1-g-1.
- Change "category" to "stream" in A-4-b. "Category" doesn't make any sense there (or if it does, it's undefined.)

pr