Re: RFC Editor Function SOW Review

2006-07-21 09:17:20

Dave Crocker wrote:
And that leads to the basic question of professional editing.  As I've noted
before, my recent experience with the RFC Editor's editors was quite good.
They
definitely improved the writing in the document.

However, such an editorial effort it expensive and I do not understand why
this
additional expense is needed.  It was not needed for 25 or so years.  And now
we
are more sensitive to expenses.

The set of people writing docs has increased substantially. The writing
skills of that set have diversified, and the pool of potential support
has increased. It seems like the two mutually support the use of
professional editing.

Joe