Re: RFC Editor Function SOW Review

2006-07-23 09:59:30
Given the number of different working groups that have produced diffiult to read documents for RFC publication, the indications are that we are missing some necessary ingredient for achieving this within the working group process. I do not know if we lack the skills, incentives, or resources, but history indicates that we frequently have produced documents that still need significant editing. While having a goal of improving this makes good sense, I think we need to work from the WG end, not the editor end. Until we are producing better results, we can not cut down on the editing process.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern