Re: L2VPNs must not be IP(v4)-only

2006-08-17 08:27:48
IMHO, there's something fundamentally wrong with any IETF working
group that's not willing to learn about IPv6.  IPv6 is not a specialized
topic, it's the layer common to all parts of the emerging Internet.
And there's little point in standardizing anything new that only works
on IPv4.  I'd go so far as to say that any new protocol that doesn't
support IPv6 has significant "known technical omissions" that should
make its approval as a Proposed Standard seriously in doubt.

Keith

This topic has come up in the past -- the last time I recall it being a
significant issue was IETF 63 in Paris, France.  On multiple occasions
since then we have asked for volunteers with IPv6 expertise to help
complete the IPv6 bits of this I-D.  Unfortunately, we have gotten
little to no response.   Do you wish to help out with this?  Or, can you
provide a pointer to folks in the IPv6 world that can take a look at
this doc and help out?