Re: L2VPNs must not be IP(v4)-only

2006-08-17 09:20:46
    > From: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>

    > IMHO, there's something fundamentally wrong with any IETF working group
    > that's not willing to learn about IPv6.

On the other hand, maybe they are just recognizing reality - something much
of the rest of the IETF seems stubbornly determined to ignore.

it's generally been my experience that when people cite "reality" that it is
more
accurate to substitute "my belief/superstition/prejudice that I cannot defend"

the problem with citing "reality" in support of a design decision to make a
protocol
less flexible is that it tends to be self-fulfilling.

to support only IPv4 is to build in obsolescence.
are we designing standards for the past, or for the future?

Keith