Re: Last Call: 'Procedures for protocol extensions and variations' to BCP (draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions)

2006-09-05 23:16:18
On 9/5/06, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:

I want to be able to give you a URL and have you resolve it.  That
only works if we speak the same transport protocol.

Disagree. The Internet is pretty compelling, so proxies can and do
bridge transport protocols. Applications using the HTTP stack don't
need to know or care about the lower level.

--

Robert Sayre