Re: Last Call: 'Procedures for protocol extensions and variations' to BCP (draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions)

2006-09-06 13:23:32
On 9/6/06, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:

    Robert> How do we test "universal interoperability"? MUSTs need to
    Robert> be testable.

Musts do not need to be testable.

So the definition of "supports universal interoperability" is "I know
it when I see it"? Which IETF protocols are universally interoperable?
I think of SMTP and HTTP.

I also asked you two questions. Here is the second:

And why would we put the definition in Brian's document?

--

Robert Sayre