Re: Facts, please, not handwaving [Re: Its about mandate RE: Why cant the IETF embrace an open Election Process]

2006-09-18 19:41:02
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
        [..]
Campaigns can be a pain, but they do have positive attributes. People
who have to campaign for a position are forced to think about the
contribution they intend to make, they have to set out a program of
action, they have to communicate it to the electorate.

Alternatively, we could come up with a scheme where a randomly selected (and
nominally representative) group evaluates the demonstrated track record of
individuals up for consideration. This would focus attention on 'doers' rather
than 'intenders'. It seems strangely familiar, but I can't quite put my finger
on what such a process would be called....

cheers,
gja