Re: As Promised, an attempt at 2026bis

2006-09-27 20:28:22
I support the textual descriptions of the changes Eliot made.  However
I'm concerned that as with any effort to revise RFC 2026, there will
llikely be changes in wording that have unintended consequences.  I am
not personally convinced that the value of revising RFC 2026 justifies
the risk of problems in these changes.

I'm quite convinced that if we choose to revise RFC 2026 we should do
so with a small set of goal changes--probably no more than Eliot and
Scott have proposed.  I will resist adding my pet improvements to 2026
to the list.  I encourage others who don't want this effort to drown
under its own weight to do the same.