Re: As Promised, an attempt at 2026bis

2006-09-28 09:03:06
Propose your own.  I'm not stopping you.  And I think you're being
presumptuous about whether or not I'd like it or that we couldn't come
to some agreement.

you and I could probably agree substantially within a few days or weeks. what I'm worried about is trying to get pairwise agreement or even rough consensus among several dozen people. and the devil is in the details.

also, I'm a bit reluctant to offer my own proposal at this point out of concern that discussion of the relative merits of proposals to do new things would distract from the worthwhile effort of documenting current practice - especially if the discussion got heated.

but I will attempt to write down what is in my head and then decide whether it's something I want to make public at this time.

Keith