Re: Something better than DNS?

2006-11-28 06:26:02
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 08:14:54AM -0500,
 Emin Gun Sirer <egs(_at_)systems(_dot_)cs(_dot_)cornell(_dot_)edu> wrote
 a message of 14 lines which said:

Be careful about making statements about impossibility without an
associated impossibility proof.

Already sent. Of course, proofs, like software, may have bugs :-) The
IETF is not a bad place to discuss them.

This is kind of like saying "heavier-than-air machines cannot fly,"
in 2006.

We still do not have perpetual motion or solved the squaring of the
circle.

Your reasoning is very strange: because some people were wrong in the
past, it means we cannot be sure of anything and we should waste our
time on things which are impossible?